Monday, December 21, 2015

Busy Days

I kept last week's menu really simple since I knew it would be a busy week.  We had two Christmas parties at school to help with, teacher gifts to give and two work parties for Scott. The hazards of a dual career! We also had lots of gifts to finish ordering, making and wrapping, but I think we're almost finished! 



I had hoped to get all my school grading done as well, before my own kids were out of school, but it was not to be!  I spent a few days fending off a cold, then got excited about a couple other fun projects....like Christmas cookies!










I also spent a whole morning scouring the internet for ideas on how to get out the door on time in the mornings.  We are always rushing around crazy and getting to school late.  I ended up with 3 lists: one for morning, one for after school and one for bedtime. We only had one day of school left after I finished them, but we were ON TIME!


I am glad I didn't try to do too much with our menu this week, 
because I had trouble keeping up with the few things I did have planned. 

 I think I forgot to add the sugar to the batch of kombucha I started the week before and it didn't "grow."  I finally decided to restart it and in the process boiled the pot of water on the stove completely dry and melted the bottom of it!  That's probably the third time I've done that.  I think I'm going to need a new pot soon!


Other than making cookies, we have kept our Christmas activities to a minimum, which has actually been nice.  It's been fun to just enjoy the moments that aren't planned, but are still lovely.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the blog, it is warm, friendly and informative. The picture of the new guy is very handsome but I might pass him on the street and not recognize the clean cut all American man of the house.
Love
Dad