Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Still plugging along

It's been a busy week and things are looking a bit more Christmas-y around here.
(Scott takes issue with the way I make up words, but oh well!)






I painted the inside of our giant hutch this past week and I think it turned out pretty well!

From all black....


...to gray background. 


I saw the cutest, most whimsical Charlie Brown Christmas tree on Pinterest the other day and casually mentioned to Scott how great it would be to have one.  2 days later, he brought this lovely one home!




Anyway, my Week #2 menu is all ready.


We scored a TON of leftovers from my Grandmother's lovely Christmas party on Sunday, so I've incorporated those into the plan.  I did my weekly grocery shopping on Monday and stuck to my $100 budget* yet again (big pat on the back to myself!).  I hit a new Aldi and an organic store that happened to be right next door.  I even had enough money left over to grab some extra Christmas cookie baking supplies like butter, sugar and flour.

I was able to put salad on the menu for free this week because of this amazing hoop house/greenhouse that Scott made for me. We've had a couple hard frosts and everything is still green and growing inside!



I'll keep you posted on how the week goes, but for now, enjoy your holiday preparations!


*We are using some frozen meat we already have like chicken thighs and ground beef.  I don't know if I could stick to this number if I needed to buy meat.  We'll find out next week, because I've now exhausted the freezer supply!

No comments: