Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Sick Kid

Since month two, Gus has been such an easy going kid. As mentioned in the post below, Gus has been sick the last few days. He has some sort of stomach flu. It first popped up early Monday morning, culminating at about 10 am that same day. Since then he's been having some trouble, um, out the back end. Anyway, that's not the point. What's really interesting is how much he sleeps when he's sick. Take the last 24 hours, for instance. He went to bed at 6:30 last night and got up at 9:30 this morning. He slept so long that I (Scott) was a little late for work. Gus is usually my alarm clock and he didn't go off this morning! From what I hear, he waited an hour and then...yep, went back to bed for about 45 minutes. His afternoon nap was from 1:30 to 4:30. I can confirm that b/c I came home to watch him so that Amy didn't have to miss another day of work. Bedtime, you ask??? 7:30. Now, who knows what will happen tonight, but doing some quick math I concluded that over the last 24 hours, Gus has slept for about 18 of them! When he WAS up, he was so pleasant he even allowed Amy to take some pictures of him. Please tell me that Gus will always act like this when he's sick, because if he does, we're not that concerned with the stomach flu!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, this is erin johnston......i am amazed too at how much they sleep when they are sick. this picture is absolutely adorable. he is so cute, and i hope that he feels better soon.

Heather D said...

CUTE hat, Gus.

I always feel guilty that I sort of...um...enjoy?...some things about Grace being under the weather-- like cuddling on the couch and long naps:o) We hope Gus feels better soon!

SAN said...

GREAT picture, Frau, by the way!