Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Busy Weekend

Well, Gus is sick with the stomach flu (probably having picked it on our many outings this weekend) but I've decided that it was worth it.

We headed out Saturday to Knoxville to pick up my new bike which Scott has been patiently searching for on ebay, craigslist, etc. It is wonderful!! Sorry, no pic.

Then we spent the afternoon at the Knoxville Zoo. Gus was fascinated by everything! And other than a very uncharacteristic diaper explosion, which Scott discovered after taking that particular diaper shift, he was perfectly well behaved!

His first close encounter with a rabbit proved to be very exciting!

Helping with the stroller, a.k.a. "the gear holder."

Elephants!

Walking with the "dada."


On Sunday, we took our bikes out for a family ride at the Nature Center. Scott pulled Gus in the bike trailer so that I could get the hang of my new ride. Gus did very well, except for those times when the sun was in his face. He cries when that happens. He HATES having the sun in his face, just like Scott!

Yo Yo.

The red wolves seemed very interested in Gus. When I worked there, it was rare for me to see the wolves but they followed Gus from side to side as he wandered around near their pen. It was very interesting to watch. Either they had never seen a young kid that near their pen before OR they were eyeing what they perceived to be a tasty little morsel.




This week hasn't been that fun so far, but the memories of a happy weekend are still with us!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Wow he's growing up! :/ :) I can't believe he keeps a hat on...I wish Troy would! Looks like the zoo was lots of fun. :) Want to go biking at Chickamauga sometime? I didn't know you had a trailer too! Congrats on the new bike. :)