Monday, August 20, 2007

Unplugged and Home!

Give thanks! Gus was discharged at 2 pm today and we're finally home! As far as the NICU goes, I'm sure we had it easier than a lot of moms and dads out there but it sure was hard at times. We are so glad to be back together.

After getting him through the house tour, Gus nursed for a while in his new room. (Amy says that nursing with out all of those wires attached to Gus was 10 times easier. And oh, Amy's milk started letting down this am!) Afterwards, I offered to hold him while Amy had a late lunch. Two minutes later, he went pee on my shirt. Gus, 1. New dad, 0.

Thanks for all of your prayers! We appreciated them so much. Please pray for us as we get settled here at home.

4 comments:

anthony tucker said...

i'm rooting for baby gus on this one. i've had my fair share of pee shots.

Angela said...

Yeah, that has happened to Norman once. He claimed that it was purposeful on my part-that I knew he'd do it! :p I'm glad the three of you are home! God is good. :)

bobw said...

woohoo! enjoy those special first days. sorry you had so much stress to start off...praying that things settle down.

yeah it seems when they're itty bitty those diapers dont work too well yet. consider it a mark of honor.

Heather D said...

Glad the family is home together!! I'm sure you're loving every minute. We picked up a very happy Grandpa from the airport on Sunday:)