Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Baby Shower and Week 36 Update

We had a wonderful baby shower this past Thursday night up on the mountain. Our friends, Tina and Melinda, put it together for us. My parents were able to come and so were a bunch of our Chattanooga friends. We had an excellent time eating, laughing and catching up.

Thanks again to everyone who came or sent gifts for Gus!!
We had our 36 week check-up this week and again I feel so blessed by the Lord! Although my blood pressure is still a little high, the midwife said that I've done a good job resting and that it seems that if I just continue to do that, things can proceed normally. Gus is sitting very low (already at 0 station, for those of you who know what that means!) and she said that everything else looks good. So we are very relieved and feel like our lives can get back to normal, although at a much, much slower pace than before!!

I've become quite a connissour of movies and books lately as a result of all my couch time, so here are a few free recommendations:)

Intolerable Cruelty with Catherine Zeta-Jones and George Clooney is highly entertaining!

I am also really enjoying a new book given to me by a friend at church: The Baby Whisperer.

So check them out if you have extra time on your hands!


1 comment:

Heather D said...

We're glad to hear that you're enjoying your rest and that you had a fun shower. It might be a while before you have 5 straight hours to devote to Pride and Prejudice again:)
Little Gus will be here before you know it! Keep those feet up!

Love you guys!

Heather