Saturday, May 2, 2015

Getting Rid of the Last of the Boxes

We've been in our house for almost 4 months now, and I've decided it's really time to get rid of the boxes we still have lying around-which are mainly books.  Scott and I are both book hoarders.


So, the other day, I built a makeshift bookcase.  If you can believe it, the kids "sort of" played board games the whole time I worked on it.  I say that because Gus built a castle out of Quirkle tiles, Uno cards and marbles and Kip made a fun design across the rug with the same supplies.  


It's really fun for me to make something useful out of our leftover renovation materials, plus they are free!  I used bricks from the huge stack we have left from when Scott pulled down the chimneys and boards we saved from the old porch/laundry room. Recycling at its finest! 



1 comment:

oma said...

I'VE SEEN THAT BOOKSHELF DESIGN SOMEWHERE
BEFORE:)
BUT YOURS IS MUCH MORE A WORK OF ART!