Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Their royal highnesses




 I have been inspired by another mom to pick a letter of the week and try to find ways to incorporate it into our daily activities.  So this week, I picked K in honor of Kipster. 

Today we read the story of Daniel and talked about kings.....and then made crowns.  The kids had a blast!  Gus actually participated in an art project (something that's pretty rare around here) and Kip decorated her own (and much of her hands and face in the process).

Before:



After:

  

 
Aren't they precious??

So far we've learned about Koala bears, colored some K letter sheets, listened to the Kookaburra song and eaten ketchup.
I'm having a blast planning all these things to do!  Tomorrow we're going to look at pictures of Korea (where Scott was born) and buy some kiwi fruits.

2 comments:

Heather D said...

THEY'RE GETTING SO BIG!!! :)

oma said...

If I suggest some ideas can I come along for some fun,too?? How about making a kite and three little kittens and kettle corn! You're a mom after my own heart!