Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy Birthday, Amy!

Today is Amy's 30th birthday. I stayed home today to try and make her day a little more relaxing. As a result, I haven't taken this baby carrier off for the past 3 hours. I just finished giving Kip a bottle so that Amy could go off to her surprise massage and get some much needed time alone. Let's just say that neither Kip nor I are used to the bottle. For the first 15 minutes, more of it came up than went down. In the middle of her feeding, I had to stop to give our sick and whining oldest some medicine b/c he was losing it. After her feeding, Kip went poop and more of it went up than down into the diaper itself. Thus, the need for a completely new outfit. In the past hour, I have disciplined Gus twice. He's due for lunch, but I'm stalling as long as possible, hoping that Amy will get back in time to help. Kip is back in the carrier and fighting her nap. Hold on...need to go fix the train tracks again so Gus can settle back down... Back now.

All that to say, I am very thankful for Amy and the hectic job she manages here at home. She's a great mother and still finds the time to be a fantastic wife and friend. I love you, Frau. Happy Birthday! (I think I heard the car pull up. Sweet. She's home!)



1 comment:

Angela said...

I love it! Great post. :) Happy (belated) Birthday Amy and I hope Gus is feeling better!