Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Waiting....

Well, our daughter is now officially running late....which is not really so surprising considering I'm her mother:) While we are waiting, we've been keeping busy.

Scott surprised me by signing me up for a floral decorating class at a florist here in St. Elmo. It was really fun and I'm proud of my masterpiece!


It has turned cold here and Gus has enjoyed his walks outside in his new hat and gloves. (Note the white paint on his face, a reminder of our house project, which is now completed!! More on that later.)


It's also peak fall color down here now, so the other day we took a hike at the Nature Center. It's been fun to try and spend some quality one-on-one time with him before he has to share his Mama!



One quick funny story:
We put down a new rug in Gus' room yesterday and it was still smelling a bit "new" last night, so we left his door open to cut down on his VOC exposure. Usually he sleeps with his door closed and hasn't seemed to figure out how to let himself out in the morning, so he's usually still in bed when we come in to get him. Well, last night at 3:00, I heard our door handle jiggling and there he was, out of bed with a couple toys in hand. I took him back to bed and went to look in the den/playroom. I don't know how long he had been up, but he had definitely been playing!! His cars were out and so were some of his "art" supplies. I'm not quite sure how he managed to do all that in the pitch black dark, but I found it hilarious.....until he was still awake in his room an hour later! Needless to say, he is now down for an early nap:)

3 comments:

Angela said...

Very pretty arrangement! Love the story about playing in the den!

Heather D said...

Tell Gus we said thanks for the phone call last night! I got all excited thinking you were calling from the hospital:) Grace will be waiting for her next call from Gus man, hopefully when his little sister arrives.

N. Harebottle III said...

Yikes! Sounds like he's quite adept at playing in the dark! Gota watch the kid in 10 years! lol