Sunday, May 3, 2009

Oma & Opa

My (Amy's) parents came down for a visit close to a month ago. How time flies!! We had a wonderful (too short!) visit. Mom and Dad are always easy guests to have, but this time they really pitched in and helped around the house, as it turned out to be a very busy week. They watched Gus all day one day, so I could go on a field trip. And then they helped me make a full meal for my students. Each year at school I do a "normal" vs. "organic" meal, where they taste- test some dishes and try to guess which is organic and which isn't. This year we had lasagna, salad, garlic bread & ice cream. It all took much longer to make than I was expecting, so the extra hands were VERY appreciated. Despite the craziness, we made sure to fit in our traditional stop at Steak & Shake, as well as plenty of time to just hang out and talk. Thanks so much for coming, Oma & Opa!!

Gus definitely enjoyed having two more people around to play with!




1 comment:

Oma said...

...and thanks for letting us fill up our Gus 'spot'! It's always fun to live life with y'all!