Wednesday, May 21, 2014

So content

Some days I wonder why we have a basement full of toys that my kids are not playing with.  We brought a few of their favorite toys with us to my parents', but most of the things downstairs are saved from when my brothers and I lived and played here.  It was awesome for the first few months, but lately, the kids have seemed more interested in playing with things that are not technically toys or fussing with each other as a result of boredom.

Not today.

Gus the engineer set up an entire town of micro-machines, then provided play by play commentary that was yelled into the kitchen to me while I made dinner.



And my darling Kip dressed her baby doll, fed her dinner at the big table with us, then got her ready for bed and rocked her to sleep.

 


Life is sweet tonight.

No comments: