Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Torture by Valentine

 
As of 10 minutes ago, Gus & I have finished his Valentines for all his classmates!  His assignment from his wonderful pre-K teacher, Mrs. Schmidt, was to personally write the names of each of his friends on their Valentines (she wisely tipped us off to start early and just do a few a day).  I honestly thought we both might die or at the least, spontaneously combust, before the project was completed.
 

But we have survived.
 
 One for a sweet cousin.
 
While this assignment has definitely reaffirmed my desire not to homeschool, the angst was worth it as I saw his handwriting improve, little by little, and his attention span and perseverance grow.  He even told me this morning that he wanted to do the hardest one first (10-letter first names are not cool, people).
 
His signature early on...
 
 and on the last one.
 
Success!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a good mom!!!