Monday, May 28, 2012

Wisdom for the day





"If you think of this world as a place intended simply for our happiness, you find it quite intolerable; think of it as a place of training and correction and it's not so bad."
~C. S. Lewis



"Time is a relentless river.  It rages on, a respector of no one.  And this, this is the only way to slow time: When I fully enter times' swift current, enter into the current moment with the weight of all my attention, I slow the torrent with the weight of me all here....And when I'm always looking for the next glimpse of glory, I slow and enter."
~Ann Voskamp




" 'Wherever you are, be all there' is only possible in the posture of eucharisteo (thanksgiving). I want to slow down and taste life, give thanks, and see God."
~ One Thousand Gifts

No comments: