Monday, April 26, 2010

Sunday

Lately life has been extremely busy for us. I'm usually trying to do so many things at the same time, that I find myself aimlessly wandering around the house, unable to decide what to do first. So I've really started looking forward to our Sunday afternoons. Life is purposely slower and we are all together. Here's what this past Sunday looked like:

Finger painting Wouldn't be complete without a vehicle involved in some way!

Kip watched the festivities from the comfort of her Johnny Jumper
(her current favorite hangout).
Then a sightseeing trip to check out the military vehicles at the armory. Unfortunately, the gates were locked, so we had to be content with peering through the (quite formidable!) fence.
Then some wide open spaces at the cemetary.
The weather was beautiful, and the day was made even better when we rolled up at the house and dinner was already made for us, thanks to our meal coop friends. Yahoo for no dishes and a laidback evening.

2 comments:

Jennifer H. said...

Thanks for the pictures :)

Julie said...

Amy,

I can relate to your comment about wandering aimlessly around the house not knowing where to start on the giant list of to-do's. I find myself doing this a lot, and it drives me crazy! Sometimes I get paralyzed in the face of the sudden "freedom" (i.e., to do other types of work) that naptimes provide because I know that the time will fly by too quickly. I long for naptime to come and then don't have good direction when it finally arrives. Yes, Sundays can be a sweet relief from the harried weekdays. Thanks for the reminder to savor these times and rest!