Saturday, September 5, 2009

33 weeks

I realized I haven't done much posting about this pregnancy lately. I'm honestly starting to feel sorry for all you non-firstborns out there. Life is already so busy that I feel like I haven't been giving this second kid as much attention as I should, which is sad but, I hear, very normal . Fortunately, this little girl is so active that a lot of times (like most nights between 10-11 pm), she refuses to be forgotten...which should serve her well once she's here in the mix:)

I've been enjoying all the pink that has lately come into our lives while sorting through the many, many clothes and shoes that have been lent or given to us. Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of you who have contributed to her very stylish wardrobe:)

Last night, our neighbors threw us a baby girl shower (or baby sprinkle, as we've been told 2nd showers are called). The decorations were beautiful, the food delicious and, of course, the company was wonderful! Thanks you guys!!!

Scott and Kyle, enjoying the pre-dinner games....Between the 5 couples in our little circle, we've got 7 kids under 4.

Anna
GusAvery Isaiah
Matthew and Madeline And Wells: the littlest, for now:)

Everybody enjoying some desertI'll close with a request to those of you out there with multiple children: Any wise advice on how to prepare Gus now for his new little sister and/or helpful suggestions for helping him deal with life after she's born?

2 comments:

Heather D said...

that's a beautiful belly shot:)

Grace was a bit younger when her little sib entered the family, so we didn't deal with many jealousy issues with her. It seemed like the hardest time was feeding time. She didn't understand why mommy was spending soooo much time sitting on the couch holding (feeding!) the baby, and Grace would want to push Leah off and climb on my lap herself. So, I tried to have a good cuddle with just Grace as soon as I was done with Leah. And it helped to have something special for Grace to do while I was feeding Leah-- a book, a special snack, watching part of Sesame Street...things she only got during Leah's feeding time. It helped most of the time:)

You and Scott will do a great job!!

Sarah said...

Sam was pretty boring to Joanna. I'd try to make nap/rest times coincide as much as possible for my own sanity. I would/and still do put Sam down for a nap first and then spend time reading with Joanna before her rest time so that we get special time alone together (thankfully infants sleep a lot and don't steal toys). But it's good for the big kid to learn that they are not the center of the universe.

Our hardest adjustment was that we had less alone/down time together in the evenings because bed times took longer and involved both of us so once the kids were in bed we still had chores to do. We picked a night of the week where after the kids are in bed we don't do any chores and spend the whole evening together relaxing.

Someone told me before I had Sam that there would be times that all three of us would be crying and that's OK...she was very right.