Sunday, February 17, 2008

Cabin Weekend

This past weekend, I got together with the "Cabin Guys." These are the guys that I spent the most time with in college. The Cabin is where we spent our Junior and Senior years together, thus the nickname.

Back in 1999, we made a commitment to continue to stay involved in each other's lives. Part of the way that commitment is lived out involves us getting together at least once a year. We are a little less spread out geographically then we used to be, but it can still be a challenge to find the time and the location to make it all work. This year, we came from Tennessee, Missouri, Iowa and Virginia to meet for four days in St. Louis. It was a rich time of discussion (finances, marriage, parenting, spirituality, friendship, vocation, etc.) mixed in with guns, four wheelers, cards and plenty of food and drink.

To the "Cabin Wives:" thanks so much for being willing to ride solo for a few days so that we could be together. I know it's a sacrifice, especially with so many kids in the mix now. I am firmly convinced, however, that our lives and marriages are better for it. There is just something about "guy time" that is so beneficial...especially between guys that know and care for each other. Anyway, thanks again. I appreciate you.

It's been almost 9 years since we left Covenant. Here's to many more gatherings (with spouses and kids...and without).



From left: Stephen, Anthony, Andrew, Josh and Kurt
Frankly, I'm not sure which is Stephen and which is the dead bear.
Josh training in on a clay pigeon. I'm pretty sure he hit it. He's good.

Kurt taking aim with his elephant gun.

Andrew and Stephen

Anthony headed off-road.

2 comments:

sbh said...

Scott,
These are great. So glad that you got a good picture of the six of you. Even though it was a bit difficult without my boy around, I am thankful that you all got together, too. I think everyone is better for it; I know my husband is. Love to the Nolls. --sarah

Julianne said...

Great pictures! Love the one of the six of you.